Wednesday, January 12, 2005

more on salvation::January 12

We'll be posting some reflections from the January 12 meeting (if you'd like to send me some of your reflections, go ahead.

For now, here's a link to Steve Argue's thoughts.
Steve's reflections on salvation

Here are some of my thoughts on salvation. They are part of a curriculum I wrote for Jenison Christian Church.
Joel's reflections on salvation

Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.






If you would like your website or weblog linked to from this site, shoot the url's to me (Joel).

2 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

Thanks for the amazing conversation yesterday! On one level it was extremely encouraging to haer som many people engaged in good theological conversation; on another level it kicked my butt as I continually realize how far I need to go to become a more faithful apprentice of Jesus.

11:56 AM  
Blogger John Frye said...

While the salvation dialogue was stimulating, I would suggest that grappling deeply with Jesus as a Second Temple Jew (thanks to the urgings of NT Wright) may need to precede the salvation discussion. My own limited understanding of these things goes like this: We've gotten Jesus wrong popular Western Christianity.Thus, we've created the briefly pitched "free market" gospel which produces "consumer Christians." Consumers aren't fascinated with authentic community, so we've got a "market niche" for commercialized spirituality that assures us we won't be left behind. The Barna data unmasked a misshapened creature called the American church which we celebrate in reality-denying praise "the bride of Christ." Jesus' question hangs over our culture, "Who do the people say that I am?"

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home